Turkish Food Feast
Saturday, October 2, 2021
11AM - 4PM
Festival Address: Phillis Wheatley Center
40 John McCarroll Way, Greenville, SC 29607
· GYRO: Mix of Beef and Lamb, also known as Doner in Turkey. This classic Mediterranean dish of thinly sliced beef and lamb is a timeless favorite! Served as a wrap with Lettuce, Tomato, Onion and Tzatziki Sauce
· Grilled Chicken - Chicken cooked over an open flame, grilled to perfection and seasoned the Turkish way! Served with Rice and Side Salad.
· Kofte - A Traditional Turkish meatball dish, made with a unique blend of spices. Served with Rice and onions, peppers, tomatoes
SIDES COMBO BOX
· Sarma: Stuffed grape leaves. Must be tried to be believed! Rice, onions and varied seasonings rolled tightly in grape leaves. A Vegetarian dish
· Eggplant Salad: Roasted Red Peppers and Roasted Eggplant. Using the eggplant in a way that will make you rethink growing or buying one next time you see it.
· Chickpea Salad: A favorite side in Turkey, this includes chickpeas and vegetables mixed with onion, lemon, parsley. A hearty, vegetarian dish.
DESSERT: Chocolate Cake and BAKLAVA
· Baklava: Classic Mediterranean dessert with pistachios or walnuts, crispy, flaky dough, and a simple sugar syrup.
· Chocolate Cake: A made from scratch chocolate cake - made the Turkish way! çikolatalı kek
· Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Water, Fanta
· Turkish Tea: Made the traditional double pot way with loose tea leaves
· Turkish Coffee served with Turkish Delight: Turkish coffee is a style of coffee prepared using very finely ground coffee beans without filtering. Sugar and Coffee is boiled together and then poured into a small cup. We add a small piece of Turkish Delight as a compliment